This recipe makes three loaves and they freeze wonderfully. I suggest serving your pumpkin bread warm with cream cheese.
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
½ tsp. salt
3 ⅓ cups flour
½ Tbs. ground allspice
1 Tbs. cinnamon
½ Tbs. ground cloves
2 Tbs. baking soda
⅔ cup water
1 cup pecans (optional)
2 cups canned pumpkin (Libby’s brand is ideal)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl mix together sugar, oil, and eggs
- In separate bowl mix together dry ingredients
- Add water and pumpkin to sugar, oil, and egg mixture
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients
- Fill three un-greased loaf pans and bake for one hour
½ cup brown sugar
¾ cup flour
1 tsp. Cinnamon
½ cup cold butter
Mix together dry ingredients. Cut in cold butter with a pastry cutter or hands. Add crumble on to batter before baking.
Cream cheese swirl
8 oz. cream cheese softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Cream together cream cheese and sugar. Mix in egg and vanilla extract. Add spoonfuls of mixture onto bread batter and use a knife to swirl.
½ cup flour
¼ cup cocoa powder
Separate out three cups of batter. Mix in flour and cocoa powder. Add spoonfuls of chocolate batter onto bread and use a knife to swirl.