After moving from the East Coast to Madison, Wisconsin has taught me a lot about myself. One, there are people in this world who are genuinely friendly and incredibly patient. Two, eating ice cream in the morning, afternoon, and night is the norm. And did you know, cheese can be incorporated (or forced) into any cuisine? I was just as floored as you are! Udder-ly amazing. Some could say that the reason I moved to Wisconsin was for the love of all things buttery, cheesy, and creamy. Although I did enjoy my fair share of cheese curds, Ian’s Pizza, and Babcock ice cream, that world left, sooner than I had ever hoped.
My luck had gotten the best of me during my second semester of freshman year when I developed a milk allergy.
In the dairy state… that happened.
I learned that I needed to inherit some of that Midwestern patience and adapt into living a dairy free lifestyle. After lots of trial and error with different products, I finally became an expert: not only to the different tastes of plant based milk, but how to sort through the great and through the average dairy-free brands to choose from for all of my cravings.
Here’s a handful of my favorite DF finds to help you ~milk~ up your mind:
- Enjoy Life’s Dark Chocolate
- Green & Black’s Organic Dark Chocolate
- Trader Joe’s Belgian Dark Chocolate
- Raaka Bourbon Cask Aged Organic Dark Chocolate
- Alter Eco Dark Blackout Organic Chocolate
- Plamil Organic Ginger Chocolate
- Chocolove Extra Strong
- Good Karma’s Flax Milk – Unsweetened
- Earth’s Own Cashew Milk – Unsweetened
- Earth’s Own Oat Milk – Unsweetened
- Ripple – Original
- Milkadamia Milk – Original
- Oatly! – Low Fat
Frozen Dessert (since it cannot be considered “ice cream”)
- Ben & Jerry’s
- Chocolate Caramel Cluster
- Chocolate Salted n’ Swirled
- Caramel Almond Brittle
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie
- Coffee Caramel Fudge
- So Delicious
- Very Vanilla
- Dark Chocolate Truffle
- Mocha Almond Fudge
- Cold Brew Coffee
- Nada Moo!
- That Snickerdoodle Dough
- Caramel, Cold-Brew & Cookies
- Cado (avocado based!)
- Salted Caramel Swirl
- Deep Dark Chocolate
- Java Chip
Go cheese-less. There’s no hope.
- Earth Balance Organic Butter – Original
- Smart Balance Buttery Spread